Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Greetings


Thanksgiving, at least for me, means waking up just that much earlier to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It means eating as little for breakfast as possible so that more dinner can be eaten later. Getting on cozy clothes to go to a morning church service to give thanks to the most gracious and loving God, who has blessed me so immensely. After the service we head to my grandma and grandpas house which is only a minute or two away, while the new Michael Buble’ Christmas CD plays in the car. And yes, if you’re wondering if it’s a good- it’s GREAT!
Family is amazing though not everyone always gets along, but who does? Trying to get everyone in one spot to take a family photo for a Christmas card isn’t as easy as it sounds. Ok- verging on impossible. With older brothers trying to strike comical poses, my little sister having a fit about having to wear a dress (and stand by one of her older brothers who is continuously bugging her), and me (the one with the camera who also needs to be in the shot) trying to explain how to take the picture to my accommodating grandma. When it’s finally over, though we always end up with someone in the shot making a face, at least we don’t have to try it again until next year!
The veritable mountains of food are always a plus on Thanksgiving. As my sister-in-law stated, “No one judges anyone else about what they eat on Thanksgiving.” All plates are piled high with each individuals favorite classic dish (I thoroughly enjoy them all). While waiting for food my younger brother and I made a point to play some good old Frogger on the PlayStation1, which is a downright enjoyable game if you don’t mind dying a few 30 times. After dinner we commenced to play a board game but after all the turkey we mostly felt like falling asleep, so we watched a movie instead.
So here I am now, back at home typing this out with frozen fingers (on account of our cold basement) and waiting for morning, because after all- that’s when BLACK FRIDAY starts! No, I’m not a fanatic shopper who plows down people to get into a store or hounds out bargains like the hound of the Baskervilles, but I do love saving money. Therefore, I will wait patiently, albeit anxiously.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment